Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
By Marcia Allen, Collection Development
Have you ever heard of Ferdinand Waldo Demara? How about William Frankli…
by Rachael Schmidtlein, Teen and Tween Services Coordinator
The romance novel industry has a notoriously bad repu…
By Jennifer Bergen, Youth Services Manager
If you would like a list of good reads with a huge range of styles, t…
by Linda Henderson, Adult Services Librarian
In 1855, the Hartford, the first little steamboat built specially t…
by John Pecoraro, Assistant Director
Every January 1st, millions of people make New Year’s resolutions, and…