Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
by Rhonna, Adult Services
Hopefully you’ve noticed that we have some options for gathering to talk about books…
Did you know…theManhattan Library Association has a long history in our community?
A group of pioneer men form…
I love biking all year around, but it is especially wonderful in the fall. The cool air, the crunch of leaves under…
by John Pecoraro, Assistant Director
Nothing says Italy like pasta. Some historians believe that Marco Polo in…
by Mary, Adult Services
It’s a privilege to vote! Did you know that not until 1971 were women allowed to vot…