Welcome to the Adult Services Department
The library’s Adult Services Department is here to guide you to the information and services you need to improve your life. Let us help you stay connected to your interests, your friends and family, and to your community. Whether you are looking for a new book to read, researching your family tree, or have a question that is making you scratch your head, we have a wide range of online resources, reader services, and community events just for you.
Not only can we bring you answers—we can help you find information yourself. From eReader workshops to personalized reading lists, we are here to help Manhattan be a community of empowered readers and lifelong learners.
- Outreach – Manhattan Public Library is mobile. When you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you.
- Technology Education – Need computer help? We offer one-on-one tech training and workshops.
- Interlibrary Loan – We don’t have it? We’ll try to get it.
- Clubs & Groups– Need a program for your next group meeting? Schedule a tour at the library or let us bring a presentation to you.
- BookTALK Reviews – This site is full of searchable book reviews and recommendations written by Manhattan Public Library staff.
Adult Services Blog Posts
The song claims that it is the most wonderful time of the year, and in many ways it is, but we would be remiss if w…
By Marcia Allen, Collection Development, Manhattan Public Library
With summer activities but a memory, and cold…
by Amber Keck, Youth Services Librarian
The artful act of reading is a beautiful thing to observe. Different p…
by Susan Withee, Adult Services Manager
The Manhattan community is in for a treat when Linda Przybys…
By Jennifer Bergen, Youth Services Manager
Looking for some fun activities for your kids this month? The library h…